Thursday 18 September 2014

The Benchwarmers - satirically different

Ever been bullied? Of course, everybody's been bullied. Not you? Look again. some are bullied on a daily basis, other's on a weekly, others just once or will be. Just not talking about physical okay, talking about the emotional, and mental attack you get. Hearing mean nicknames from your own, a comment on your disability, any disability. That's all bullying, Now if your answer is still no, then you will be bullied or you are the other side of the coin, needless to say - I despise the latter. I know, I know a writer should not have biased opinions on any matters and represent every matter as factual. But I think personal opinion is needed on it, I think bullies are despicable (it's a fact), and I think there's still time when I can call myself a writer.
Back to the movie, The Benchwarmers is a stupid movie. It has what everybody calls a slap stick comedy, not an intense, worth going to the cinema comedy. Then why write about it? Because if I look at it closely, it a movie on bullying. It is the first and an amazing way I have seen bullying being represented satirically. I said everybody is bullied, has anyone done something about it? Very few, but let me tell you one thing, none of you have thought of it by solving it by baseball. Three guys thought of it. They formed a team called The Benchwarmers as they did not have a chance to play ball when they were in there school years as they were bullied therefore being psychologically disturbed (that happens). They form a team and play against all the teams who consist of people who think very full of themselves, or there coaches were known to be. They become a great hit after surpassing mock and hate from people with the help of others nerds and the victims.
This movie is not something some people will be very excited to spend a buck and go to the cinema to watch it. I would recommend to see if it's coming in the television (or download the torrent) and cuddle in blanket to watch it with your family while the younger ones get to enjoy the comedy and you get to feel the bigger meaning. There is metaphorical character in the movie. Let's chat about him, I'll keep it extremely short...
There is a character named Gus in the movie (not the TFIOS one calm down!). He is a metaphor on bullies themselves. He is a character who clearly, impeccably and visibly tells us that bullies can be very mean, they ARE cruel, but they to have feelings, they can one day realize that they have done some diabolical things. They can mend the harm also, it just takes a genuine sorry from the heart, the one sorry you really mean.
I seriously feel very weird using Gus and metaphor in the same description, my apologies if any harm done.


 
SEE FROM YOUR RIGHT : THE OTHER GUS

No comments:

Post a Comment